Join the Community!
Welcome to the WOW leaders page at womenowningwoodlands.net! Check out the resources below to help you connect with the community of people that engage women woodland owners in forest stewardship.
- What is WOW?
- www.womenowningwoodlands.net is a website sponsored by the USDA Forest Service State and Private Forestry through the National Woodland Owners Association and administered by the Forest Stewards Guild. This website is the central hub for women woodland owner educational events across the country. The primary audience for this website is women woodland owners.
- A core group of professionals in women woodland owner outreach provides content for the WOWnet website. This network expanded with the WOW-TELE retreat in October 2017, and is expanding further still with the WOWnet professionals Google Group. The primary audience for this Google group is professionals, including both women and men, involved in women woodland owner outreach.
- Want to join in some low-key, highly-relevant discussion of topics in outreach to women landowners? Visit the WOWnet Professionals Google Group and click on "Apply for membership." If you're already a member, you can access the forum threads at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wownet-professionals/topic-id/message-id.
- Do you have an event for women in your area? Add your event to the WOWnet calendar! Email [email protected] with your event description.
- Do you have exciting and relevant information to share with women woodland owners? Share your article through this national website! Email [email protected] for more information.
- Invite others to join! Share this flyer or this WOW Leader Resources page.
Evaluation helps us determine the effectiveness of our outreach and capture the stories behind the importance of our work. Researcher Emily Silver Huff has developed some excellent resources for evaluating WOW programs and sharing this information sensitively through the WOW leader community. Share your WOW workshop information via the links below, or contact Emily at [email protected].
- Why evaluate?
- Code of conduct
- Submit your event evaluation information
- Participant evaluation form template
Interested in building your own WOW program? Check out the resources below to help get you started!
- A starter kit for launching Women Owning Woodlands outreach programs
- Oregon State's Growing Your Peer Learning Network: Tips and Tools from the Women Owning Woodlands Network.
- The Women, Food and Agriculture Network's Women Caring for the Land: Improving Conservation Outreach to Female Farmland Owners.
- Templates for making the case for women-focused programming
- Funding ideas - chatbox thread coming soon
WOW Leaders Stories
You are not alone. These resources can introduce you to fresh ideas and elements of successful women-focused programming. Together, as a WOW leader community, we can empower one another to offer this much-needed resource to women landowners and make the case for advancing the stewardship of our nation's forests one woman at a time.