Women landowners and natural resource professionals interested in learning about private land management and conservation are invited to attend a workshop on "Getting to Know Your Land." These workshops are the first in a series of six quarterly events offered by ForestHer NC, a new initiative that seeks to engage women in woodland stewardship.
Topics for the first workshops include:
• North Carolina's forest ecosystems
• Identifying the types of forest you own
• Forest management planning
• Defining a vision for your land
• Using aerial photographs and county tax data
• Understanding your woodland's role in the larger landscape
• Finding resources in your community to help you manage your land
Pre-registration is required. Lunch and continuing education credits provided (CFE, EE, & TWS).
Register now for one of three regional events in Pittsboro on Aug. 8, Kinston on Aug 22, and Morganton on Aug 29. Workshops will take place from 9:30a-3:00p. To register by mail, contact us at [email protected] or 919-917-8646.
While these workshops are designed for women, all are welcome to attend.